For help with sizing, email us at email@example.com
The Testing Process
- Safety first! The designers work with several large well known companies specializing in safety materials. They are lucky to be part of their technical material innovation team to test, improve and produce high quality fabric to use in their pants.
- They use 100% DuPont™ Kevlar®, Covec like material (which is their own mix of fabric called MotoTech) in all their products, and several woven techniques are used with and without Elastane fabric. They send various samples for testing and thoroughly review the technical reports to see how the products perform against European motorcycle clothing safety standards.
- Initial impact & abrasion (EN 13595-1) when in an accident or if you are thrown from your two wheels
- Cut & tear (EN 13595-1) tests on vulnerable areas such as knee and hips
The two layers in the Moto Pants produced a result of 4 seconds. To improve abrasion resistance even further, the pants have a 3rd layer (marked “2” in diagram below) of material in-between the kevlar and the heavy duty abrasion resistant fabric to the impact areas (knee and hip area).
Knee & Hip Protection Armor: CE Approved Level 2 protection (EN 1621-1, Type B Level 2) designed to reduce impact, absorb shock and reduce the severity of injuries in the event of an accident.
- Ambient impact test
- Wet impact test after hydrolytic ageing
- Low temperature impact test @ -10 degrees
We recommend washing these inside out on a cool, gentle wash. Make sure you take the knee protection out first. DO NOT use bleach products!! Always check your detergent for even a tiny amount of bleach in the ingredients. You may notice your leggings will fade slightly as they, like any denim product are designed to fade. Hand washing can also fade the outer layer since detergents are not diluted as they would be in a machine wash. We do not recommend dying your leggings back to their original color. The chemicals from the dye can damage the materials and also most dyes require a hot wash.